Wednesday 8 August 2012

OPI Germany Haul (Love in a Bottle)

The day has finally arrived! OPI's Fall Collection "Germany" was released today and WOW. They're really hitting home runs with their country collections this year. "Holland" was a stunner, and now this. Sure, I may be a little biased (fall is my favourite season for everything) but OPI did throw in some surprising choices this year. A mix of dark, shimmering vampy colours paired with softer, unusual cremes. For a full list, read my post about the release a month back or so. I was surprised to note that I would personally sport every single colour in this collection - yes, even the strange green one. If some generous being were to gift them all to me, not a single one would be left behind. Unfortunately, the bank is not a generous being and so I only (at this point) grabbed three. "Suzi and the 7 Dusseldorfs" - a bright, shimmery purple, "Deutsch You Want Me Baby?" - the most magnificent, pumpkin spice orange (my favourite!), and "Every Month is Oktoberfest" - a rich, dark, vampy purple with red glitter, are all now part of my collection and even after only swatching them on my nail wheels, I am head over heels in love. The formulas - perfect ("Every Month is Oktoberfest" is even a one-coater!), the colours - fabulous and uber-pigmented. My heart - soaring. I must must must have more from this collection. Swatches to come!

Disclaimer: "Danke Shiny Red" - a stunning ruby red was also on my top "must-have" list, once you see it, you won't be able to resist. I, however, have way too many reds that are similar to it for it to make itself a priority on my "to-buy" list. Maybe one day... Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment