Monday 20 August 2012

Rant: Julep Maven

As some people may have noticed, I haven't posted about the August Maven Box, and I'm disappointed to tell you that this is the only time that I will: I skipped it. And again, I skipped the September box just minutes ago. The concept of the Julep Maven Boxes, for those who don't know, is that you sign up on the Julep website, answer some questions to get matched with a style profile and then every month, for only $19.99, you get a box with 2 or 3 nail polishes and some other beauty products in it. The nail polishes are of decent quality and retail for $14 a bottle and, if you read my June and July reviews, you can get a more in depth review of them.

 My problem right now is.... colour selection. I just, hate the colours they pick. Nothing is original and they have repeats some months. Example, in my last box, I got stuck with "Kate", a plain white polish. Now, what kind of a nailie would I be if I didn't have at least one white polish already in my collection? But I definitely wouldn't spend money on another. And white cremes showed up again this month in a few of the boxes... even a black creme. Super basic. Everyone has at least one white and one black polish already in their collection. Don't get me wrong, a couple of the Julep colours really stood out, but they never come in the same box! Gah, if only I could pick and choose, I'd be a much happier camper. I haven't cancelled my subscription yet because I keep holding out hope that one month will blow me away.. we'll see.

Anyway, I'll be a little on hiatus for a week or so because I happen to be travelling to Ireland tomorrow! Very exciting. And yes, my toes are painted emerald green, thought it would be fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment